Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lil’ Loves: Kids say the darndest things…

I have to say that for the most part, I had not experienced this parental faux pas…I had been spared, somehow, until recently. Probably due to my son’s slight delay in speech resulting from his ASD…Now that his speech has improved exponentially (early intervention my peeps) and while thrilled beyond belief at his greatly improved communications skills, I guess the flip side of this wonderful advancement is that I too, am now going to partake in this cringe inducing rite of passage.

And so it begins…D and I were at the local pharmacy the other evening, as always there’s this sweet older lady behind the counter who greets us each time we go to checkout…In the past, D would bashfully look at her and from time to time would reply back with a quiet Hello or Good-bye…But on this last visit, with his wonderful new-found voice, my lil’ guy went to wish her farewell by enthusiastically waving and saying “Good-nite old lady”!!! 

I felt my face flush hot and quickly and effusively apologized for his salutation and asked he correctly wish her a “Good-nite ma’am” but I don’t think she was tickled one bit L So, I swiftly ushered him out, while experiencing a strange mixture of embarrassment and amusement…Trágame tierra!! I needed a Twix Moment for sure @$&*%!!! I have not been back since, but going to have to get over it soon…my prescription refill is due next week…PLOP!!!

Ciao for now  :*

No comments:

Post a Comment