Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lil’ Loves: Eating OUT…

Dinning out was a HUGE part of my life...I truly enjoyed having a fantastic meal prepared by expert hands, in a lovely setting and not have to worry about the dishes afterwards...so long as the CC went through ;) While pregnant I would often imagine taking my son to share and enjoy in that experience. Boy, was I in for a rude awakening!!! Not only was eating out with a baby/toddler more difficult than I ever anticipated, but added to that was the fact that our son is Autistic. Especially in the early days of the diagnosis, when we were less skilled at handling meltdowns and redirecting him; a meal out was a mixture of dread and melancholy.

For a while, I thought eating out would be OUT forever!!! Alas, as with everything in life, time helps you adjust and move on. We learned to skip anything not family friendly; concentrating on having him enjoy the experience of being out of the house and giving him plenty of time to adjust to new environs. Now that he’s a bit older and we are a bit more adept ;) I find myself rediscovering the delights of eating out…and accepting that everything I imagined would be while pregnant, won’t always…but in its place are blessings that more than make up for the old ways!


Ciao for now  :*

No comments:

Post a Comment