Friday, October 14, 2011

Food Lust: Nutella…

When I caught sight of this picture online, my heart skipped a beat. Not only is it beautifully shot, the image also resonates with me as a perfect reflection of working mamma life; but ultimately what truly caught my attention, what drew my eye in, was the lovely, oh! so familiar jar of one of my favorite “foods”...Nutella!


I realize that in the US, this product has only recently garnered more commercial attention, but I grew up on this wonderful creamy confection of cocoa and hazelnut goodness. To this day, I prefer to eat it by the spoonfuls straight out of the jar, much to the chagrin of my thighs L I can’t help myself, Nutella embodies not just my love for chocolate, but it ties into that part of my sensory memory that instantly recalls so many experiences growing up, mostly good and fun but occasionally melancholic..


Nutella has been a consistent staple in my “diet” and while over the years I may have given up many other “bad” foods for the sake of health, weight, etc. This particular item is here to stay…I may not be buying the Family size anymore (as my jeans let out a sigh of relief) but it will be around for me and my lil guy to enjoy together for many years to come and hopefully one day the sight of that jar will tickle his taste buds and tug at his heart strings too <3

Ciao for now  :*

No comments:

Post a Comment